Never Before Seen Atari Stuff at California Extreme (from Scott Evans)
CAExtreme
2004-08-01 11:50:53 UTC
I have a bunch of new stuff to show at this years California Extreme
show.

First off, I have located a new Atari Prototype- Accelerator! This
game runs on System 2 hardware, and is a two person 'Stun
Runner' type game. You race on the outside of a tube, and try to hit
all of the acceleration pads and avoid obstacles. The player
controls his ship with a Major Havoc type, roller controller. I have
also been lucky enough to locate some concept artwork for this
game! Come see both at this years show!

I will also be bringing the following games for you to play! Akka
Arrh, Runaway, Arcade Classics, Lunar Battle, Bradley Trainer,
Cyberstorm, Dr. Sparkz Lab, Tenth Degree, Primal Rage II, a Crystal
Castles prototype, the Discs of Tron protoype, Hot Rod
Rebels, Beavis and Butthead, and Die Alien Scum.

We will be having our anual Atari Panel discussion at 12 Noon on
Sunday. This year we will have special guests Mike Hally and
Owen Rubin, Kelly Turner and Ed Logg. Mike Hally started at Atari,
during the days of Pinball, and worked on
classic games such as Gravitar, Star Wars, Marble Madness, Stun Runner,
Freeze, Relief Pitcher, Gauntlet Legends and countless
other games. Owen Rubin worked on such as Tunnel Hunt, Space Duel,
Major Havoc, Firefox and two other unreleased laserdisc
games. Ed Logg worked on Centipede, Gauntlet and Asteroids, earning himself
the title of 'Golden Boy' and Kelly Turner worked on Champ Sprint,
Arcade Classics, Badlands and countless other classics Atari games.

In addition, we will be having an Atari 'Film Festival' on Sunday at
2:30pm. We will be debuting footage from several Prototype
Atari Laserdisc Games. We will have footage from Road Runner, Battle
Star Galactica, a Golf Simulator, SPOOK, and Malibu (the
laserdisc version)! We will also show footage from the 'Virtual
Reality' ride, 'Playland', a roller coaster simulator that Atari was
working on. In addition, we will also have insider video and
interviews from the classic era of Atari.

Finally, we will present an 'Atari Museum' display for your viewing
pleasure. Come see the Primal Rage dinosaur models, never
before seen documents and a large display of concept artwork. We will
have plenty of items, that have never been seen outside
the walls of Atari.
Don
2004-08-01 23:40:44 UTC
Does anyone know if they finally recieved a working Canyon Bomber
there yet? If I lived closer, I live in Buffalo, NY I would bring
mine.
Every year i make plans to go to the CAExtreme and every year
something comes up.
=[

Don

www.arcadeguy.com